IEC ED Niel Dawson Update – August 28th
- Pre-Screen: Employers should measure the employee’s temperature and assess symptoms prior to them starting work. Ideally, temperature checks should happen before the individual enters the facility.
- Regular Monitoring: As long as the employee doesn’t have a fever or symptoms, they should self-monitor under the supervision of their employer’s occupational health program.
- Wear a Mask: The employee should wear a face mask at all times while in the workplace for 14 days after last exposure. Employers can issue facemasks or can approve employees’ supplied cloth face coverings in the event of shortages.
- Social Distance: The employee should maintain 6 feet and practice social distancing as work duties permit in the workplace.
- Disinfect and Clean work spaces: Clean and disinfect all areas such as offices, bathrooms, common areas, shared electronic equipment routinely.
Post this notice at the entry of your building for protection. Georgia law allows you protection from COVID related litigation. Click here for notice.
On August 5, 2020, Georgia Governor Brian Kemp formally signed into law Senate Bill (SB) 315 to restore statutory lien and bond waivers to their original intended purpose of waiving lien and bond rights only and to resolve the confusion caused by ALA Construction Services, LLC v. Controlled Access, Inc., in which the Georgia Court of Appeals held that Georgia statutory lien waivers can also waive breach of contract claims. More info
CORE- Community Organized Relief Effort- FREE COVID-19 Testing
Free COVID-19 testing in select locations throughout Georgia. Locations for mobile sites change weekly. Click here.
IEC trains and more. Health Benefits, 401K. Legal adivice and more. See how some of IEC’s members have benefited from IEC. Click here.
As you may be aware, due to CDC’s COVID-19 social distancing guidelines IEC is providing a hybrid learning experience this year for the apprentices; meaning they are alternating one week in class, and the next remotely.
Because of this, we have surveyed the apprentices to determine if they have a computer/tablet to do their online work and viewing at home. Based upon this survey, it has been determined that some apprentices do not have a computer/tablet to use for their schoolwork. They may also have slow or no internet connection.
We want to bring this to your attention, as many contractors may not realize to ask their apprentices if they have connectivity issues. We have found that the Lenovo tablet M8HD for just $99 works well for apprentices on our learning management platform. If you wish, you may order this directly from Lenovo using this link. A comparable tablet, laptop or computer will also work if you happen to have a spare one they may use. It must have 4GB memory, 32GB of storage, screen facing camera and wireless connectivity.
- Augusta, September 24 – Register