RECRUIT TRAIN RETAIN
Please be sure and update your Workforce Contact information with us. If you’re not sure who is listed as your company Workforce Contact, please reach out to Kevin Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or updates.
Take a look at what IEC has for you!
IEC Atlanta/GA Chapter is installing lab materials for training opportunities coming available in the the area. The project begins on October 22nd. Thanks to Coastal Electric of Georgia for providing the location. Instructor Mike Gunter and Program Quality Manager, John Dickerson will lead this task of preparing a dual training area for both Basic Skills Installer participants and the 4-year apprenticeship program. IEC is excited to create this education space!
If you can come out to assist with the build on October 22nd and 23rd, contact Todd Hawkins at email@example.com. Volunteer time slots available for 4 hour and 8 hour shifts.
2021 IEC Atlanta/GA Power Show Coming October 26th at Wills Park Equestrian Center.
The Power Show is just around the corner!Are you ready for the 2021 Power Show?
Secure Your Booth Today! Exhibitors and Sponsors can register now!
Attendees Register Now! -Prizes -Open Bar- Free -BBQ- Free -Over 50 Exhibitors -Competitions
– Atlanta In-Person Mid-Year: Registration open December 16th, 2022. Students will attend class 2 nights per week from 5:00pm – 9:00pm. Class begins January 10, 2022. Application deadline: December 8th, 2021.
-2nd – 4th Year Online: Class begins January 10, 2022. Application Deadline: December 8th, 2021.
We had 9 attendees at the September Open House! The group had quite an interesting make up that included a few looking into a career change and a father who brought his son and decided to explore the apprenticeship program for himself as well. Before the end of the session, all attendees left with the understanding of the merit shop way.
The September hiring fair had 5 contractors and 6 candidates. These candidates are currently moving through the recruitment process. Both the Open Houses and Career Fairs happen monthly, creating opportunities for contractors to staff their workforce.
Contact Kevin Ward to register and attend at firstname.lastname@example.org See Construction Ready Training Schedule. Click to see Construction Ready Credentials earned.
Introduction of the Accumulated Credit Transfer (ACT) Program – We will be working with qualifying local high schools to offer their graduating Electrical Program Completers an opportunity to enter the IEC Apprenticeship Program.
“BUILD Your Talent, DON”T BUY It” initiative.- (IEC’s approach to creating your needed workers)
How do we do this? Engagement with local schools. (Develop early interest in the field)
- Recruiting packets provided to contractors meeting with students
- Invitation to regional Workforce alliance groups. CEFGA & AGC brings teachers and contractors together
- Engagement with Construction Ready Programs around the state See schedule.
- Transitioning veterans to the electrical field
LADDER: IEC’s Experienced Worker Recruitment Tool Just for Members!( Post jobs and search for experienced workers using Ladder) 25 Hires! 1,126 candidates!
- General Description of Ladder: Click here.
- Ladder Introduction Video: View here.
- Ladder Onboarding Form for IEC Atlanta/Georgia Members: Click here.
- Go to www.ladder.com to post for experienced electricians.
- Video Tutorial of Job Posting & Candidate Review: View here.
- For assistance with Ladder, contact: Alex Stewart – email@example.com, 404-514-9409
- Choose the Skills and Certifications you desire in an electrician so that Ladder can match electricians based on your needs.
- Communicate early and often. When highly-skilled electricians are looking for work, they’re not looking for long! Log in each day that you receive a new candidate and contact them the same day. Then schedule an interview and touch base often until they’re hired.
- Mark them as “Hired” on Ladder. When an electrician on Ladder isn’t hired, we send them other opportunities to help them find work. So mark them as “Hired” to ensure we know not to advertise other opportunities to them.
Providing growth opportunities will help your workers see a future with your company. We can help prepare them! Technical and Management Training – Code Classes, CEU license renewal, estimating & more.
Insurance Programs – Group health, 401k Retirement, P&C, Workers Comp
How IEC’s 401K Plan Works
Articles 250 Part 2 – (Tuesday) October 5th, 2021, 4:00pm – 8:00pm- Covers NEC requirements Covers Grounding and Bonding of Services and Separately Derived Systems Register for Article 250 Pt. 2
GA Electrical Exam Prep. –(Friday – Sunday) October 29th, 2021 – October 31st, 2021, 8:00am – 4:30pm- This course helps you get ready to take the Electrical Contractor License Exam based on the NEC 2020.
(Online On Demand)
NEC2020Significant Code Changes – Online/ OnDemand Thursday, January 21st – Thursday, December 30th , 2021- Significant Code Changes that impact electrical installations.
GA Significant Code Changes Online/ OnDemand Friday, April 16th – Thursday, December 30th , 2021- Significant Code Changes that impact electrical installations.