IEC ED Niel Dawson Update – September 18th
So how do we counteract this drain and fatigue? Some of us turn to our faith, some to family and friends and yet others to their inner strength. The construction business is one of the few industries that is still working. We still have a job, an income and meaningful work to do every day. This means being thankful every day for the opportunities that many other people do not have. When I feel a bit fatigued, being thankful always helps me find the strength to meet the challenges of another day. Stay strong, stay positive, and most of all be thankful!
What to do if your pet tests positive for COVID-19. If your pet tests positive for the virus that causes COVID-19, isolate the pet from everyone else, including other pets. Do not wipe or bathe your pet with chemical disinfectants, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, or other products, such as hand sanitizer, counter-cleaning wipes, or other industrial or surface cleaners.
- Property has performed well under both parties. Since 1979, NCREIF property index returns have averaged better than 8.5% annually under various Democratic and Republican administrations.
- Rather than elections, the cycle, the economy, interest rates, COVID-19 and geopolitical events are the areas to focus on in determining the impact on the leasing fundamentals and property values.
- Longer-term, different administrations have different spending priorities that will impact where growth occurs across the nation and what industries have greater growth opportunity.
- The impact on property will lag the election results, but it will be important to “follow the money” to identify potential opportunities or risks.
IEC Partners with American Council on Education’s College (ACE), which gives apprentices access to receive up to 41 college credit hours for their IEC Training. ACE revised and implemented a new platform and process which makes it easier to receive college credit. Read more.
Professional Electrician Program (PEP) Starts October 13th and 14th. Register your experienced workers now. Apprenticeship Application
COVID-19 OSHA/ HR Update Including Vaccine Related Issues- Webinar October 1st, 11am Register to Attend
IEC National Webinar- Motion is Money, September 29th 2-3:30pm- Contractors paying for inefficiencies that inhibit profitability, safety and quality. Register here.
Massive resources are being poured into the development of a fast-tracked vaccine for COVID-19 as the United States enters the tail end of an unprecedented shutdown. Read more
The National Association of Chain Drug Stores is amplifying a widespread message on multiple platforms to encourage Americans to get the flu shot to prevent additional stress on a healthcare system still strained by the pandemic. READ MORE
- Augusta, September 24 – Register IEC Contractor Registration
- Macon, October 22nd – Register IEC Contractor Registration
- ONSITE Atlanta, November 12th- Register IEC Contractor Registration